Your Ad Here

Comment Policy

Comments are welcomed and encouraged! Please keep all comments nice.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter Movie Versus The Book

Although I read the book Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter a few months back, I just now watched the movie. 

I found the book fascinating. So much so that I ended up reading it twice. I really loved the idea of a secret journal belonging to this great President detailing the life of a vampire hunter. I thought the book was detailed and very realistic. 

So I expected the movie to be, but it just fell flat. 

There were several scenes from the book that I hoped would be in the film. They weren't. It seemed like they tried to cram several scenes in, but they didn't have the development needed to bring it through. I was just really disappointed!

I would say my favorite part of the book was the first half. This covers most of his activity as a vampire hunter. I really felt like they could have covered more of this in the movie. Or they could have been like "The Twilight Saga" and had a part 1 and 2 huh?

I did think Rufus Sewell did a good job with his role. I've always found him to be a great actor. 

If you have watched the film but not read the book, make sure to read it. The book has a lot of details that the movie never touched on. If I would have watched the film first, I doubt I would have ever read the book. Get a used copy of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by clicking here (cheap).     

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some
guidance from an established blog. Is it difficult to set up your own
blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking
about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Cheers
Also visit my web-site :: stomach acid remedies